mercredi 14 novembre 2007

PORTRAIT: AMYLIN LOGLISCI

(Met in person in NY during the Affective Art Itinerary/ rencontrée personnellement pendant mon itinéraire d'Art Affectif)


"Amylin colour small"

"The last shot"



"Cambodia biking"

Portrait of you


1. Votre nom/
Your name is: amylin (愛美林) loglisci

2. Date de naissance/Your birthday: June 2, 1986

3. Metier/Occupation: Artist & Thai massage therapist

4. Où êtes vous/
Where are you? I am currently in New York City.

5. Liens internet vous concernant/
websites or internet links about you?

-Art & photos: www.flickr.com/photos/amylin blog: http://amylinicle.livejournal.com
-My slideshow for a travel show I was interviewed on: http://wherehaveyoubeen.wordpress.com/2007/08/13/amylin-loglisci/

6. Comment tentez-vous de rendre le monde meilleur?/
How are you trying to make a better world?
As a traveler, I meet many people around the world, face-to-face, and exchange simple things with them: food, thoughts, ideas, time. I would like to help bring about many changes in this world, but for myself, I start small by helping to touch the lives of each person I interact with. For me, the biggest revolution happens internally: the day we decide to live our lives for ourselves.

In my personal life, I am vegan and try to eat only locally-grown organic produce. I bike or hitchhike (or sometimes take trains) as my main modes of transport to both cut down on the horrible destruction of the environment, and to see everything at a slower, more Earthly pace. I want to absorb the world in its rawest form and help to return it to a more balanced state.

7. Un projet spécifique ?/Any specific project?

For more than a year, I've been hitchhiking around the world and staying in the homes of local strangers. I hope to continue this journey until I've been everywhere, my wanderlust is satisfied, and I will have a greater understanding of the world as one.

I am also working on smaller, more specific projects:
- In my home (Trento) in the mountains of Northern Italy, I volunteer at Centro Sociale Bruno, an artistic activist, social-change-oriented ( squatted) community center.
- I express myself in different media: zines, handwritten postcards, and so on... that will be published, when completed, to document my journey and findings.
- Eventually, I'd like to open my own pay-as-you-wish vegan organic restaurant, somewhere, but that is in the future...
(In the meantime, I sometimes volunteer at Food Not Bombs).
- I always support people who ride bicycles in cities that are heavily congested by autos

8. Un combat particulier
?/ Any specific fight ?

human & animal rights, locally-grown organic slow-cooked food, alternative forms of transportation

9. Que souhaitez-vous au monde pour les prochaines années ?/What do you wish for the world for the next years ?

I wish that more people will come to realize that their very lives are important, to realize their own self-worth and that of the world around.
I wish for people to stop watching and start doing.

10. Une idée pour enrichir le mouvement ? Any idea for making growing the movement ?

Word of mouth (and freedom of the press is also important)

Aucun commentaire: